Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Resolution

OK... last year's resolution was all about living life simply and healthily.  I think we did pretty well! Ana loves all sorts of healthy foods, I experimented with new vegetables we found at the Farmer's Market, we got Donner some much needed help towards mental health, and we became more active. Even being in Monterey meant a healthier time for me and my medical condition! I'm happy to report that from September 2009 through September 2010, I have been the healthiest (neurocardiogenic syncope wise) that I have been since diagnosis (2000)!! I only had one or two "episodes" that I can recall over that entire year! Far cry from the 1+ episodes a month for the previous 9 years!! Maybe it was the weather in Monterey (which we have always suspected to be a huge trigger for me) or maybe the wiring in my heart was "reset" after delivering Ana, who knows! All I know is that I was better! Hopefully, it continues, cuz I'm not sure the weather is going to be as kind in Georgia. :-/

This year, the resolutions from last year will continue, and we'll add on "Family Time." There has been a lot of separation for our family over the last year and a half. Ten months of total time spent apart. We know that this is what we have signed up for when Tim joined the Army, but he missed a lot of the newborn moments with Ana, including delivery, and will miss a lot of Titus's newborn time as well. So... in a sense, moving across the country will be good for us because we will have PLENTY of family time! :) We are already discussing plans for our first family vacation! :) Not sure when or where we'll be going... but we are going! Maybe to Florida... maybe stay in Georgia and explore... maybe go up to the New England area... lots of possibilities to think about! 

To continue with last year's, we'll find a Farmer's Market in Georgia, and continue switching things up in our diet so that it becomes more full of "whole foods" and less processed.  We'll also work on being more active. Since my health is better, I hope to add running back into my life. It's been a long time since I regularly ran... and hopefully it'll relieve some of the stress of raising 2 kids under 2 years old! :) 

And of course, blogging more was a "failed" resolution from last year, so I'll try again this year! ;)

No comments:

Photobucket