Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2 weeks later

As promised: PICTURES!

Just after birth

The few seconds I got to hold him before he went to the nursery for monitoring

In the nursery with Daddy

His new Christmas Hat

Ana seeing Daddy for the first time!

Her new Baby from Titus

Meeting Titus for the first time! She gave him kiss right away!

Wanting to hold him all by herself.

In LOVE

Daddy and his 2 kiddos

Home from the hospital

Daddy and his 2 Paci kids! :)

Its been 2 weeks.

Tim is back in Texas. My mom is back at work. And I am with the kidS at home.

Kids. Its weird to say.  :) We have KIDS... not just one... but TWO! But at the same time, its great. :)

Right now, Anastasia is napping, Titus is napping, and even Donner is napping! Yes, I know... I SHOULD be napping too... but I chose a shower and blogging. I really want to get better at this whole blogging thing.  :)

Titus had his 2 week Dr. appointment yesterday. He is now 7lb 14.5oz. He gained a whole whopping ounce and a half! LOL He was born bigger than Ana, but SHE was a little piglet and had gained a pound in the first 2 weeks! BUT... he, like she did, has reflux. His, though, is worse. He is in so much pain after every feeding! :(  With Ana, I was able to nurse differently, adjust my diet, and hold her upright at a 45-degree angle for hours on end... with all of that, she didn't need any medicine. I just don't have that time with Titus. If I were to do the same things with him, Anastasia would probably feel neglected. :-/ So... we opted for medication. He has only had 2 does thus far, but we're hoping they work!! :) It won't eliminate the spitting up, but it should help reduce the force that its coming up with and it'll also neutralize the acids so that he is in a lot less pain! Dr. Chen said he has a lot of testosterone! He is already able to bear some weight on his legs (she said a 2 MONTH skill) and she witnessed as he rolled from his tummy to his side!! So other than the reflux, he is doing amazing!

Anastasia LOVES having a brother.... well, I think she is more in love with the fact that she is a big sister! :) He is going to start feeling smothered when he realizes that she kisses him every 5 minutes! :) She is struggling with the fact that she can't carry him around. :( Oh well. :) She does hold him lots!

The only "regression" she is exhibiting is the use of HIS pacis. She even uses pacis she refused as an infant! I'll take it as a good sign. I'd rather have that regression that the host of other things she could be doing!

I'm doing better. Still in a lot of pain. I keep forgetting to take my pain killers in the morning, and by the evening it hurts to walk... so I need to get better at remembering! :)  The mornings are pretty "easy"... once I'm up and drinking coffee and have shaken the "fog" off.  Both kids have the same morning nap time, so that's REALLY nice! By 3 o'clock, I'm exhausted and the pain begins setting in. But it'll get better. :) Overall, its going as smoothly as I could have hoped for with 2 kids under a year-and-a-half!

No comments:

Photobucket